Sisters

Sisters

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Let it Snow!

Today was a special day in the Hakerem house.  Samantha's first official snow day!  For my northern family and friends, I realize this is no big deal.  However, in the south, the snow days are few and far between.  I would say that Samantha enjoyed every minute of it.  She built snowmen, made snow angels, and went sledding on a cookie sheet in our driveway.



She and Joshua also enjoyed watching Toy Story for the first time.  I found them like this when I came in to the living room…


For the record…the day before the great 'snopocalypse' looked like this…



Both Samantha and Joshua are doing well.  Samantha will start attending school for the full day next week.  Her day will start at 8:15 and end at 2:45.  I am excited for her and the work she will do with Ms. Cara.  I am sad that she won't be home with me in the afternoons.  In my head is the idyllic version of what happens here in the afternoons - pleasant lunch together, fun activities, lots of quality mommy and Samantha time.  What actually happens looks nothing like that most days.  So, I will waive the white flag and acknowledge that she is probably better off at school.

Joshua is starting to sign for more and is pulling to stand.  His favorite support is the opened door of the dishwasher, but he also enjoys his mini kitchen and play table.  He is speedy gonzalez around the house.  He adores his sister and I often find them trying to make each other laugh, especially at the dinner table.

We received the call shortly after New Year that Alli's headstone had been placed.  It was a generous gift from our grandmothers.  We are pleased with how it looks.  I made my first bouquet for the vase yesterday.  We will probably go this weekend to place it.


I had my first dream about Alli a couple of days ago.  It was in the morning right before I woke up.  I don't remember most of it, but I know I saw her.  She was sitting on the grass at her cemetery plot.  Sun was shining.  She looked great.  I attended a grief support group last Wednesday.  They meet the fourth Wednesday of the month.  I mostly listened.  The majority of the people in the group lost adult children.  I was the only one who had lost a young child.  Everyone was very supportive.  They say you should go 3 times before deciding whether or not the group is a good fit, so I will go a couple more times and see what happens.



No comments:

Post a Comment